We've been getting some weird posts lately that... Well, they're not making me think it's gotta be an Onion headline, that's for sure.
So just a little refresher. Posts should be:
- Links to news stories from…
- …credible sources, with…
- …their original headlines, that…
- …would make people who see the headline think, “That has got to be a story from The Onion, America’s Finest News Source.”
If it's not Onion-y, it doesn't belong here. Bizarre, horrific, and violent news can be here if the headline reads like something out of The Onion, but if it doesn't, it's going away. And if there's too much non-Onion-like content from an account, that account is going away, too.
If you're not sure whether the real news headline you've found is like The Onion, here's a few sample Onion headlines from today:
- "Visiting Friend Pleasantly Surprised By City’s Open Hostility Toward Homeless People"
- "Increasingly Powerful Trans Person Capable Of Using Every Single Bathroom At Once"
- "Man Feels Like Bystanders Are Arguing For Him To Put Gun Down In Bad Faith"
- "Wally The Emotional Support Alligator Went To See The Phillies"
- ‘New York Times’ Issues Apology For Reporting Palestinian Deaths
See? Find headlines from real news outlets that remind you of headlines like those. And just to prove my point: One of them is real.