LW Community Spotlight: [email protected]
- Users who have rooted their phone, have their bootloader unlocked or are using some custom ROMs report that their RCS messages are not being sent, even though RCS shows them as connected.
- The Google Messages app does not show any error messages when blocking RCS messages of these users and does not send the messages out as SMS or MMS either.
- Google famously campaigned for Apple to include RCS messaging in iMessage but is now blocking it for certain Android users.
Project 2025’s 180-Day Playbook is a remarkably detailed guide to turning the United States into a fascist’s paradise.
A man wanted just two slices of cheese on his sandwich, so when his wife used three slices in his grilled cheese sandwich, he became irate.
Angered at the sight of all the extra cheesiness, James DePaola became agitated and violent, yelling at the woman, Michele DePaola. According to WSB-TV, DePaola then ripped the landline out of the wall so his wife couldn’t call the police and reportedly screamed at her intensely. The couple’s 12-year old daughter who witnessed the incident called the police to the scene, according to Athens-Clarke County police.
James DePaola was charged with obstruction of a 911 call and criminal trespass/damage to property over what the police now refer to as “the grilled cheese incident”. DePaola has a history of “abusive behavior,” and was often “excessively critical and controlling of day to day things in life” like sandwiches, apparently.
The US will begin air dropping food aid to the people of Gaza, President Joe Biden announced on Friday, as the humanitarian crisis deepens and Israel continues to resist opening additional land crossings to allow more assistance into the war-torn strip.
Speaking in the Oval Office, Biden said the US would be "pulling out every stop" to get additional aid into Gaza, which has been under heavy bombardment by Israel since the October 7 Hamas terror attacks.
"Aid flowing to Gaza is nowhere nearly enough," the US President said, noting "hundreds of trucks" should be entering the enclave.
Biden said the US is "going to insist that Israel facilitate more trucks and more routes to get more and more people the help they need, no excuses".
He also noted the efforts to broker a deal to free the hostages and secure an "immediate ceasefire" that would allow additional aid in.
Yelp says going all in on remote work boosted job applications by 43% and led to a more satisfied workforce::The company’s WFH strategy boosted job applications and worker fulfillment.
2,191 users here now
The World's Internet Frontpage Lemmy.World is a general-purpose Lemmy instance of various topics, for the entire world to use.
Be polite and follow the rules (https://legal.lemmy.world/tos/).
See the Getting Started Guide
If you would like to make a donation to support the cost of running this platform, please do so at the following donation URLs.
If you can, please use / switch to Ko-Fi, it has the lowest fees for us
LW Legal & Help Center
Join the team 😎
Questions / Issues
- Questions/issues post to
- To open a ticket
- Reporting is to be done via the reporting button under a post/comment.
- https://a.lemmy.world - Alexandrite UI
- https://photon.lemmy.world - Photon UI
- https://m.lemmy.world - Voyager mobile UI
- https://old.lemmy.world - A familiar UI
- Miscellaneous: https://status.lemmy.world/ - Lemmy World Status
Monitoring / Stats 🌐
Lemmy.World is part of the FediHosting Foundation